Register of Foreign Associations
Access the Register of Foreign Associations in Croatia
A foreign association is an association or other form of associating that has been founded without the intention of making profit, in line with Article 4 of the Act on Associations, and that has been duly established in line with the legal order of a foreign country.
Foreign associations are entered in the Register of Foreign Associations in the counties or the City of Zagreb, according to the seat of the foreign association.
The Register of Foreign Associations is kept electronically in a uniform manner for all foreign associations in the Republic of Croatia at the competent administrative body of a county or the City of Zagreb.
The application for registration in the Register of Foreign Associations is to be submitted to the competent administrative body by the person authorised to represent the foreign association in Croatia.
The following documents must be enclosed with the application form for the registration of a foreign association:
- copy from the register in which the foreign association is registered in the country under whose law it was established, from which it is evident who is authorised to represent the foreign association
- decision on the establishment of a foreign association, authenticated by the competent body of the relevant foreign country, in case the law of the country in which it was established does not envisage entry of associations in a register,
- decision on the appointment of a person authorised for representation of the foreign association in Croatia,
- decision on the objectives and activities the foreign association will pursue in Croatia,
- certified translation into the Croatian language and Latin script of a copy from the statute or other document comprising the objectives and activities of the foreign association,
- copy of the identity document of the person authorised to represent the association in Croatia,
- certificate of the Ministry of Finance – Tax Administration confirming the issue of an OIB (personal identification) number,
- other evidence in case special requirements for the registration of the foreign association are stipulated by special law.
Furthermore, a person authorised for representation must also enclose certified translations of documents under items 1, 2, 3 and 4.
The competent administrative body of a county or the City of Zagreb issues a decision on the registration of a foreign association in the Register. An appeal may be lodged against the decision to the Ministry of Justice and Public Administration.
Foreign associations do not acquire legal personality upon their registration in the Register of Foreign Associations.
A person authorised to represent a foreign association is obligated to report to the competent administrative body any changes in the name, objectives and activities, seat and address of the seat in Croatia, persons authorised for representation of the foreign association in Croatia, and dissolution of the association in Croatia.